Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Smell of Tradition


As December rolled in, so did the wave of memories and holiday traditions. I woke up Wednesday morning to the smell of apples and cinnamon. As I turned on the light to kitchen, I had a flashback to my youth. On the back wall were two felt Santa's with 24 mini candy-canes decorating their Santa suits, just like the ones my mom had made for me when I was little. On the counter were applesauce-cinnamon ornaments that had been slowly drying for the past couple days. While I love the practicality and savings of home-made gifts and decorations, it's carrying on the traditions that is truly priceless. I LOVE THE HOLIDAY SEASON!!!


ps - Troy's dislike for the candy canes wasn't even enough to damper the cheer in my heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails